Top 10 facts about leap year
Have you ever had thought about why we get leap year and its importance. Here we are giving Top 10 facts about leap year. We had collected all Craziest facts about February 29 and its importance. We had also given the description about fun facts about 29 february birthdays. Here we had given the list of leap year traditions and customs. Have a look about Feb 29th in history and famous birthday personalities on February 29.
Feb 29th in history
We all know in February month we will get leap year for every four years. February got his name according to Roman month febrauarius. Actually, in this century, we are following Georgian calendar. We have 12 months in our year but why February only gets leap year, not other months. To know this issue, we have to travel back in time machine. We have many calendars in previous days, after making modifications they finally concluded 365 days in 12 months. Leap year is extra day due to late revolving by the sun. For every four years, the sun takes 365 and 1/4 days. So that ¼ day we conclude as one day in earth period. February is the shortest months in the year, so they gifted this day to year’s family short fellow, i.e., none other than the February month. So we are counting this 29 February day as leap day and this year as the leap year. Here we had given Top 10 facts about leap year. We had collected all Interesting facts about feb 29th. We had also given leap day importance and Feb 29th in history and February 29 birthday personalities, once look at it.
Craziest facts about February 29 (Leap Day)
- Leap year is just like the cousin to year family which comes for every four years. The reason for his invitation is sun, for every four years sun takes 365 days 5 hours 48 minutes 46 seconds to complete his revolution, we calculated the remaining time as leap day and that year is known as leap year
- In past days on this day in Ireland, they celebrated as Women proposing day. On this day, women can propose any men
- If any person refuses women’s proposal on that day, he must pay back with buying 12 pairs of gloves, fabrics like skirts. Denmark, Finland also follows this tradition
- In Russia, they pray to God to give good weather for to grow their plants because they believe leap year is symbol of bad luck
- People who born on leap year is known as leaplings or leapers or leap baby.
- According to the Chinese, Hindu and other calendars it is an extra day which is added to their year
- In Taiwan married women will get back to their homes because they believe this leap year will bring bad health issues to their parents
- Feb 29th is known as worlds bachelors’ day
- This day is also known as Worlds’ rare disease day
- All employees in this world work on this day for free
Here are the Top 10 facts about leap year
Fun facts about 29 february birthdays
- People who born on February 29th are called as leaplings
- In Hong Kong people who born on Feb 29th legally, their birthday is celebrated on March 1st
- In New Zealand legally their birthday is celebrated on February 28th
- Leap day babies will get into world day records
- Leap year babies celebrate their original birthday only for every four years
- The chances of born on this day 1 out of 1461
Famous celebrities born on Feb 29th
- Taylor Twellman-American soccer player
- Cam Ward-Canadian hockey player
- Eric Benz – Actor, Germany
- Cyrus Beasley-Rowe NY, rower (Olympics-1996
- Caitlin E.J. Meyer – Actress
- Sean Abbott-Australian cricketer
- Adam Sinclair- Indian Hockey player
- Morarji Desai- Indian politician (Former PM)
- Rukmini Devi Arundel- classical dancer
Why we have only 28 days for February and why leap day is added to February?
In previous days, we have only 355 days with 10 Months in our calendar. Then they added extra two months in the year i.e., January and February. As it is the final month of the year, it got only 28 days in its month. According Georgian calendar it became the 2nd month and left with 28th days. So that extra leap day is added in the Feb month. Julius Caesar is the person who modified the calendar.
Subscribe our site igovtjobs.in for more regular updates by pressing cntrl+d