UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus
Check the UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2018 from the official site uppsc.up.nic.in. Candidate who has applied for Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Exam can download the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018. We have given the Prelims and Mains Exam Pattern and Syllabus in our site.
UPPSC PCS Combined State Upper Subordinate Exam
Are you looking for UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018? Are you searching for UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2018? Here we have provided the UPSC PCS Prelims syllabus 2018 along with Exam pattern. Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is the authorized Organization of state government which conducts the competitive examinations for the recruitment of eligible candidates for the vacancies in departments, organizations and ministries in the government. Recently it has released the Notification for the Combined State or Upper Subordinate Services Exam for various vacancies. Large number of candidates has applied for the PCS exam before last date. The Commission will conduct the examination for the applied candidates in two stages i.e. Preliminary Exam and Mains exam. So, Candidates are searching for UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2018. The Provincial Civil Service exam conducted every year for the vacancies to recruit the eligible candidates. We have also given the UPPSC PCS Mains Syllabus 2018 along with exam pattern. Interested candidates can check the UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2018
UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2018 Analysis
The selection process of an eligible candidate for the vacancies will be in three stages. The first stage is Preliminary Examination. Prelims Exam consists of two papers which are compulsory for all the posts. Check the UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2018 and Syllabus for the preparation. UPSC PCS Exam pattern 2018 will help you to analyze the exam paper and knowledge of exam. The second stage of Selection process is Mains Exam, main exam consists of four compulsory papers and One Optional paper. Candidate can check the UPPSC PCS Main Exam Pattern 2018 and syllabus. The third selection process or final selection is Viva voice. Candidate who qualified in the prelims are only eligible for Mains and candidate who qualified in Mains also are called for Viva Voice. Download the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018 for the correct preparation and to know the topics for the exam. Candidate should practice the previous papers and model papers for the examination to get the best score and qualified cut off marks.
UPSC PCS Prelims exam pattern 2018
- The Prelims exam consists of Two papers
- The written test is Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Each paper having 200 marks with two hours of duration
- The Paper-I is general Studies- I and paper-II is General Studies Paper-II
|Paper-I||General Studies-I||200||Two hours|
|Paper-II||General Studies -II||200||Two hours|
UPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2018
PAPER – I : General Studies-I (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.n
- History of India and Indian National Movement.n
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require
- subject specialization.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks)
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
UPSC PCS mains Exam Pattern 2018
- The mains examination contains Compulsory papers and Optional subjects papers.
- The examination is Objective and descriptive type
- The examination is Four Compulsory papers and two optional subjects
- General Studies papers are objective type papers
- Remaining papers and optional papers are descriptive type
|Compulsory papers||General Hindi||–||150 Marks||3 Hours|
|Essay||–||150 Marks||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper-i)||150 questions||200 marks||2 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper-ii)||150 questions||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Optional Papers||Any 2 subjects as choice of Candidate||200 Marks||3 Hours|
The optional Subjects are
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the following groups
|Group ‘A’||Group ‘B’||Group ‘C’|
|1. Social Work||1.Mathematics||1. Agriculture|
|2. Anthropology||2.Statistics||2. Animal Husbandry andVeterinary Science|
|Group ‘D’||Group ‘E’||Group ‘F’|
|1. Civil Engineering||1. English Literature||1. Political Scienceand International Relations|
|2. Mechanical Engineering||2. Hindi Literature|
|3. Electrical Engineering||3. Urdu Literature||2. Public Administration|
|4. Agriculture Engineering||4. Arabic Literature|
|Group ‘G’||5. Persian Literature|
|1. Management||6. Sanskrit Literature|
|2. Public Administration|
We have given the UPSC PCS Syllabus 2018 in pd for prelims and mains exam below. Candidate can click on the below link for the syllabus and download the pdf for the syllabus.
Download UPSC PCS mains Syllabus 2018
Official Website: uppsc.up.nic.in
Here we will give the admit card link, answer key after the examination, cut off, merit list of eligible candidates for the mains, previous papers in our site. Book mark our site and get updated with @igovernmentjobs.com. Feel free to ask any queries in the comment below.